Any experiences here with Caldwell Luc?
Susan
2012-08-04 15:50:40 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

ENTs don't do, or refuse to do the debriding and repair of my maxillary
sinus floor, say it's a maxillofacial surgery. Maxillofacial surgeons
have proposed Caldwell Luc, which my endodontist really strongly
advocates against due to potential for adverse effects, long lasting or
permanent. ENT would not address what I believe is remaining granuloma
in my jaw.

Anyone still reading here with any research or personal experiences?
What I've read has given me pause.

Susan
Steven L.
2012-08-05 14:12:38 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
ENTs don't do, or refuse to do the debriding and repair of my maxillary
sinus floor, say it's a maxillofacial surgery. Maxillofacial surgeons
have proposed Caldwell Luc, which my endodontist really strongly
advocates against due to potential for adverse effects, long lasting or
permanent. ENT would not address what I believe is remaining granuloma
in my jaw.
Anyone still reading here with any research or personal experiences?
What I've read has given me pause.
We used to have several folks on this newsgroup who had gone thru
Caldwell-Luc and reported their experiences here.

You'll find them if you search the Google Groups archive of this
newsgroup--like so:

http://tinyurl.com/965jj4j

I assume you've searched the other Internet forums already?
Steven L.
Susan
2012-08-05 14:19:47 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
We used to have several folks on this newsgroup who had gone thru
Caldwell-Luc and reported their experiences here.
You'll find them if you search the Google Groups archive of this
http://tinyurl.com/965jj4j
I assume you've searched the other Internet forums already?
No, I'd actually read a lot on PubMed and ENT medical info sites. But
ENTs are mostly no longer well practiced at it, so have to do more on
maxillofacial sites.

I was hoping that someone I know would have experience to share, so
hadn't searched other forums, but thanks for the link.

Susan
Steven L.
2012-08-07 13:23:18 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
We used to have several folks on this newsgroup who had gone thru
Caldwell-Luc and reported their experiences here.
You'll find them if you search the Google Groups archive of this
http://tinyurl.com/965jj4j
I assume you've searched the other Internet forums already?
No, I'd actually read a lot on PubMed and ENT medical info sites. But
ENTs are mostly no longer well practiced at it, so have to do more on
maxillofacial sites.
I was hoping that someone I know would have experience to share, so
hadn't searched other forums, but thanks for the link.
Susan,

there's nobody here to share their experiences anymore, except you and
me and "***@yahoo.fr"

Nobody else has posted here for many months.
Steven L.
Susan
2012-08-07 13:46:55 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
there's nobody here to share their experiences anymore, except you and
Nobody else has posted here for many months.
I was hoping for lurking oldbies. :-)

The more I read, the more I concur with the concerns expressed by the
endodontist.

Susan
Steven L.
2012-08-08 18:01:04 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
there's nobody here to share their experiences anymore, except you and
Nobody else has posted here for many months.
I was hoping for lurking oldbies. :-)
The more I read, the more I concur with the concerns expressed by the
endodontist.
Susan
This is what it must have felt like to be the last couple living in a
Wild West ghost town.
Steven L.
Susan
2012-08-08 19:27:29 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
This is what it must have felt like to be the last couple living in a
Wild West ghost town.
ROFL

Thought I spied tumbleweed...

Susan
a***@yahoo.fr
2012-08-08 20:35:18 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
This is what it must have felt like to be the last couple living in a
Wild West ghost town.
ROFL
Thought I spied tumbleweed...
Susan
I know we have had this discussion recently, but since the topic is back...
I wouldn't really like to move to Facebook because posting abstracts there looks like it would be tedious - but I could nevertheless try.
Yahoo is much more format-friendly, but the Yahoo sinus support group has even less posts than ours.
e-health has more posts but is a commercial, doctor-moderated forum.
CureZone looks interesting : http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=123
Our current group's only real advantage that I can see is that it shows up high in any google "sinusitis+group" search (but curiously not in a "sinusitis+forum" search).
asdfasdf
2012-08-14 02:33:51 UTC
Post by Steven L.
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
We used to have several folks on this newsgroup who had gone thru
Caldwell-Luc and reported their experiences here.
You'll find them if you search the Google Groups archive of this
http://tinyurl.com/965jj4j
I assume you've searched the other Internet forums already?
No, I'd actually read a lot on PubMed and ENT medical info sites. But
ENTs are mostly no longer well practiced at it, so have to do more on
maxillofacial sites.
I was hoping that someone I know would have experience to share, so
hadn't searched other forums, but thanks for the link.
Susan,
there's nobody here to share their experiences anymore, except you and
Nobody else has posted here for many months.
I'm still here and read daily but there is no news for chronic sinusitis
sufferers. Steroids remain the most effective treatment but there is
bad side effects. No cure on the horizon. Not much to talk about.
Susan
2012-08-14 12:59:11 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by asdfasdf
I'm still here and read daily but there is no news for chronic sinusitis
sufferers. Steroids remain the most effective treatment but there is
bad side effects. No cure on the horizon. Not much to talk about.
I think allergic desensitization is superior to steroids, particularly
chronic usage of steroids, which destroys steroid receptors.

Susan
asdfasdf
2012-08-15 02:48:02 UTC
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by asdfasdf
I'm still here and read daily but there is no news for chronic sinusitis
sufferers. Steroids remain the most effective treatment but there is
bad side effects. No cure on the horizon. Not much to talk about.
I think allergic desensitization is superior to steroids,
I disagree especially with polyps.
Post by Susan
particularly
chronic usage of steroids, which destroys steroid receptors.
I agree they are most likely bad but I don't know the mechanics
of it so I cannot comment on "destroys steroid receptors".
Susan
2012-08-15 13:04:36 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by asdfasdf
Post by Susan
x-no-archive: yes
Post by asdfasdf
I'm still here and read daily but there is no news for chronic sinusitis
sufferers. Steroids remain the most effective treatment but there is
bad side effects. No cure on the horizon. Not much to talk about.
I think allergic desensitization is superior to steroids,
I disagree especially with polyps.
They appear to have a strong connection to severe allergy.
Post by asdfasdf
Post by Susan
particularly
chronic usage of steroids, which destroys steroid receptors.
I agree they are most likely bad but I don't know the mechanics
of it so I cannot comment on "destroys steroid receptors".
Receptors adjust sensitivity and even their numbers to avoid over
delivery of steroid excess to cells.

Susan