Sinus Drainage Methods
rpautrey2
2007-10-22 05:05:34 UTC
SINUS DRAINAGE METHODS

In 1992 someone gave me a book they acquired from the estate of a
deceased employer. The book was entitled "The Herbalist"(1934) by
Joseph Meyer. Under the heading of "Myrtle"(Bayberry) I read the
following, "Powdered, it has been employed as a snuff, with good
effect, in nasal congestions or catarrah." The powdered bark of the
root is the part that is used as a snuff. The book did not tell how
much to sniff so I had to experiment. I found that about 1/32-1/16 of
a teaspoon up the nostrils was effective for me. At times I would
dillute the bayberry with an equal part or less of goldenseal root
powder to lessen the irritating effects and add an antibiotic
property.

It acts as a mild irritant that initiates a draining response and at
times a violent sneezing respose. The effects reminded me of when we
had to break the seal(remove) our gas masks(CX-tear gas/gas chamber)
during basic training at Ft. Dix, NJ. After using this for a few weeks
my paranasal sinuses began to pop(hear&feel) and finally I had a
foul(rotten flesh odor) mucus drain out of my sinuses. The foul odor/
taste was the same one that I experienced years before, after my first
septal reconstruction when the nasal packing was removed (surgical
infection). After this foul drainage I went to an ENT. X-
ray=sinusitis. Augmentin! Within a few days to a week I developed
bronchitis and eventually pneumonia and pleurisy. I stayed in bed for
about a month until I recovered. It was a spooky experience.

Although I felt tremendously better it still felt like I had sinus
problems and I still had environmental sensitivities, especially to
moldy/musty odors and some chemicals(chlorine,strong chemical
odors,etc.). I should add that my severe night sweats were eliminated
after draining the rotten flesh odor from my sinuses. During this
period I accidently sniffed 3% hydrogen peroxide into my nostrils
thinking it was Alkolol(bottles are similar). The results were similar
to the bayberry and CX gas, relief. The effects of 3% HP are not
comfortable and I found lesser strengths were not as effective.

In 1995 I began to use colloidal silver sniffed or sprayed into my
nose. It gave me symptomatic relief. Grapefruit seed extract(GSE) is
something I had been experimenting with(1994) as an oral antibiotic
for my sinusitis and prostatitis but it would be a few years before I
would try it as a nasal wash and spray. About this time I heard a
radio program with Wayne Green talking about electrotherapy and
infections. Several years before that I had read Hulda Clark's
description of her zapper and made a photocopy of the circuit and
instructions.

In about 1997 I began to use GSE as a nasal wash and spray. Several
drops to an ounce of distilled water gave me incredible relief. The
more irritating it was, the more my sinuses drained, and the better I
felt. After trying all these methods I still felt like I had
sinusitis, it just wasn't as bad as it had been prior to trying the
bayberry snuff(1992). I wanted to eliminate my chronic sinusitis.

Sometime in about 1998 I read about a backcopy of Wayne Green's radio
communications magazine that had a schemetic(Thomas Miller) of a
colloidal silver generator and info about the "bioelectrifier". I
built both and kept experimenting for a sinus cure. The bioelectrifier
is also known as the Beck blood electrifier. I also built a Clark
zapper.

One day I decided I would use the bioelectrifier on my face(over
paranasal sinuses) but I didn't experience anything. Then I got the
idea of placing the electrodes in my nostrils. After experimenting for
a while I found a place inside the nostrils that when stimulated a
violent sneezing attack would begin followed by a tremendous amount of
virus tasting mucus drainage. I found the relief I had been looking
for. The more I used this method, the better I felt.

Being the curious person that I am, I wanted to determine why that one
area inside my nostrils produced the effects that I was experiencing.
I tried wet electrodes and dry electrodes with no electrical signal. I
tried wet Q-tips. The wet Q-tips produced good results with a vigorous
massage of one certain area. The stationary electrodes to the same
area with no signal produced a mild sneeze or two, but nothing
spectacular. I continued to use the bioelectrifier for a month or a
little more until no more virus tasting mucus would drain and then I
no longer felt like I had sinusitis(1999).

A few years went by with no sinus symptoms. I was curious about my
experience and some things I had read about orthodox and alternative
electrotherapy. I need to mention that I have a college degree in
electronics and for 6 years I was in a USAR field hospital unit as a
biomedical electronic technician(35G/U). Eventually I was also the
unit librarian and on the field sanitation team. My MS degree minor
was in biology and some things I had read/learned in a microbiology
course and self-study drove me to research and experiment with a
function(electrical signal) generator so I bought a B&K 4011A.

As my luck would have it, I came down with a bad acute sinus infection
in about 2002/2003. Migranes, environmental sensitivities, facial
pressure and pain,etc. It took me awhile to realize I again had a
sinus infection. I experimented with the B&K with no spectacular
results until I used 315Khz and 320Khz. Wow! The B&K did in less than
a week what the bioelectrifier had taken over a month to do. But with
the B&K you couldn't feel anything, no electrical stimulating
sensation. Again the drainage tasted like a virus.

This past winter I was away from home and staying in a very moldy
environment. My bathroom was saturated with black mold. I came down
with one of the worst acute sinus and bronchial infections I have ever
had. I didn't have an electrotherapy device with me so I had to rely
on my immune system and the elimination of the bathroom mold. It took
almost a month to get well.

My recommendations for sinus drainage(in order):
1)Function Generator(-20db atten,full pos dc offset)-(Note)
2)Bioelectrifier(var freq)-(Note)
3)Wet Q-tips
4)</=4.5Vdc battery w/ 1Mohm pot-(Note)
5)GSE wash/spray(>/= 3 drops/oz dist H2O)
6)Bayberry root bark snuff(1/32-1/16tsp)
7)Hydrogen Peroxide(</= 3%)
Note- Always use cloth covered electrodes; I use 12ga silver
electrodes

Area Inside Nostrils To Massage or Place Electrodes:
Place a finger on the bridge of your nose and slide it down until you
feel where the nasal bone and cartilage(rhinion) meet. Under this spot
in the roof of your nostrils is about a 1/2" area that is stimulated
to produce violent sneezing and extreme drainage. Vigorously, but
gently, massage this area with a wet Q-tip in each nostril at the same
time. It may take 1-4 minutes until you react. With the electrical
methods you do not need to massage the area but move the electrodes
around slowly until you find a very sensitive spot. Keep them in this
spot for 10 seconds or so and move them. Repeat. It can take 30
seconds to 5 minutes for the violent sneezing and drainage to begin.

Precautions:
You really need some type of oral antiseptic and/or antibiotic to
prevent spread of infection to yourself or others(Soap, Peroxide, GSE,
Chlorine-equip & environ, Colloidal Silver, etc). Gargle, wash
nostrils, hands, and face. Wash/clean equipment and electrodes. You
should also have some paper towels to wipe up the mucus off of you and
your surroundings. The first few times I used the bioelectrifier for
drainage a few ounces of virus tasting mucus came out. On a few
occasions I have had a small amount of blood come out with the mucus.
Don't be alarmed over a small amount. Use common sense. If you have
legitimate questions let me know.

BE CAREFUL! PA
rpautrey2
2007-12-15 14:11:42 UTC
A very effective wet Q-tip sinus drainage method is listed at the
bottom of the original post below. Two even more effective electronic
methods are also listed below. This is probably the only effective
sinusitis treatments you will ever find. Paul

EDITED
Post by rpautrey2
[...]
odors,etc.). > In about 1997 I began to use GSE as a nasal wash and spray. Several
drops to an ounce of distilled water gave me incredible relief. The
more irritating it was, the more my sinuses drained, and the better I
felt. After trying all these methods I still felt like I had
sinusitis, it just wasn't as bad as it had been prior to trying the
bayberry snuff(1992). I wanted to eliminate my chronic sinusitis.
One day I decided I would use the Beck bioelectrifier on my face(over
paranasal sinuses) but I didn't experience anything. Then I got the
idea of placing the electrodes in my nostrils. After experimenting for
a while I found a place inside the nostrils that when stimulated a
violent sneezing attack would begin followed by a tremendous amount of
virus tasting mucus drainage(see note below on Q-tip/electrode placement). I found the relief I had been looking
Post by rpautrey2
[...]
1)Function Generator(-20db atten,square wave,full pos dc offset,full output)-(Note)
2)Bioelectrifier(var freq)-(Note)
3)Wet Q-tips
4)</=4.5Vdc battery w/ 1Mohm pot-(Note)
5)GSE wash/spray(>/= 3 drops/oz dist H2O)
6)Bayberry root bark snuff(1/32-1/16tsp)
7)Hydrogen Peroxide(</= 3%)
Note- Always use wetted cloth covered electrodes; I use 12ga silver
BE CAREFUL! PA
n***@yahoo.com
2007-12-15 16:27:58 UTC
Post by rpautrey2
A very effective wet Q-tip sinus drainage method is listed at the
bottom of the original post below. Two even more effective electronic
methods are also listed below. This is probably the only effective
sinusitis treatments you will ever find. Paul
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt
of in your philosophy."
rpautrey2
of in your philosophy."
rpautrey2
2007-12-16 02:41:58 UTC
The following methods are an effective treatment and cure for
sinusitis. The following information is from a post I made in another
group. The Q-tip method and electronic electrode placement
instructions are at the bottom of this post. Paul

Re: Sinus Drainage Methods

I used a Beck blood electrifier(BE-thumper) with adjustable frequency
control the first time I discovered the area I mentioned applying the
q-tips to(Original Post Below). I do not use the BE in the intended
manner and I built my own. I use 12 gauge silver wire electrodes with
wetted cotton flannel sleeves. I used both 4hz and about 60hz
(preferred-frequency where the optic nerve/eye quits flashing) and
started with the lowest current setting working my way up to a
tingling sensation. Apply the electrodes to the same area as the q-
tips but instead of moving them around vigorously, find a sensitive
area and leave them for 15-20 seconds before moving them again.
Repeat this interval and/or move slowly around in the mentioned area.
It may take up to 4-5 minutes to start a violent sneezing attack
coupled with the drainage. Be prepared, I voided what tasted like a
virus and it actually gave me slight cold/flu symptoms while
performing this procedure. Keep on slowly stimulating the area until
you quit sneezing. I had a violent sneezing attack that lasted about
4 minutes before it quit. The first time I probably voided about a
1/5 cup of salty virus tasting mucus and I got instant relief. I
found doing it several times(2-3) daily was the best approach. It
took about 2 weeks for the virus taste to go away and the mucus
expelled was far less than at the beginning. I didn't have sinusitis
again for several years and I didn't give it time to set in before
attacking it. Two cautions: 1)The drainage may be contagious, so be
careful(CS,GSE,H2O2);2)On a few occasions a small amount of blood
would come out with the mucus but I never had a running nose bleed
and I never worried about it.

Clean every thing you sneeze/sling mucus on. You will probably get
your shirt wet with mucus. Be careful! Don't spread infection!!!

I have posted my favorite electronic method(BK) along with the Beck
method on the Google sinusitis group under the subject, "Sinus
Drainage Methods". This works much better, much faster, you don't
need to use it as often or as long to get the job done, and you can't
feel anything. I use a BK 4011A Function Generator(standard
electronic test instrument) with the same electrodes and placement
used with the Beck. The settings are: 315Khz and 320Khz(start with
one frequency for 5 minutes then go to the other for same - be
patient, sometimes you think it's not going to work and it takes you
by suprise), -20db attenuation(down 20db output-very important), full
positive DC offset, square wave, and full output level(but down 20db;
if you don't do this the output is very uncomfortable).

This is probably more than you wanted to know. The BK can be ordered
from electronics parts houses and probably costs about $350.00. You
can get a Beck schematic off of the internet to build your own. Most
parts can be bought at Radio Shack. You can also find new and
complete Beck units($50.00-$100.00) on the internet. I made my own
electrodes with 12 gauge silver wire and they are about 1.25 inches
long. Use cotton cloth covers for the electrodes. I wet the
electrodes with colloidal silver or distilled water. You can find
silver wire on the internet.

Good Luck,
Paul
Paul,
Thanks for the info. What is the elecronic method you mentioned?
Thanks - HeatherAF
BE CAREFUL! PA
Dr. AR Wingnutte, PhD
2014-10-08 18:57:49 UTC
Student invents sinus-relief device

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sinus-637606-archbold-device.html

BY SHERRI CRUZ / STAFF WRITER
Published: Oct. 7, 2014 Updated: Oct. 8, 2014 9:24 a.m.
sinurelief-engineering-si
JOSH BARBER, STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER

CSUF mechanical engineering student Scott Archbold has designed a product that's nothing to sneeze at.
The junior hopes his invention, which helps alleviate sinus problems, will be sold in stores one day.
It took about a year to develop his prototype, called SinuRelief, which looks like a pen and operates on a battery. The device's foam tip is coated with saline and vibrates when it is turned on. The tip is inserted into a person's nose to massage the sinus drainage holes.
"Massaging them spreads the saline in that area and breaks up hardened mucous, allowing you to get rid of mucous and sinus pressure," said Archbold, who lives in Dana Point.
He designed the pen-like device after a bout of sickness led to an acute sinus infection and forced him to leave school for a semester.
"Whenever I get sick, it triggers my sinuses to start acting up," Archbold said. He used medicated sprays, but those led to a severe nose bleed, which required cauterization.
It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it got him thinking. He and his father both have sinus troubles, and they manually massage their sinus drainage holes while in the shower. That can be cumbersome for Archbold.
"My finger is too big for my nose," he said. So he made the tip of his device small enough to reach the sinus drainage holes. "We're trying to make something comfortable that people will use."
He created the tool based on current sinus therapy concepts, such as the neti pot. With a neti pot, users tip their head and pour a solution of saline and water directly into one nostril and let it flow out the other.
The problem with using this type of sinus device every day, Archbold said, is that it washes away mucous naturally produced by the body to get rid of allergens. Mucous is good and bad. "You don't want to get rid of all of it," he said.
Archbold said his product is meant to improve on the neti pot by limiting the amount of saline in the nose, so it's not washing away all mucous, only breaking it up.
He made the prototype from things a mustache trimmer. He said he hopes to improve the product by making different tips, including ones that generate heat and an aroma-therapy version.
The device has received Food and Drug Administration approval, Archbold said. It needed only a minimum level of approval because it's considered non-invasive, on the level of a cotton swab, he said.
The plan is to sell the device for about $25 to $30. Customers can buy the handle and then purchase different tips separately. The foam tips are meant to be used only once.
Archbold's father, John, is helping him on the business end of things, including funding and patents. The two have a business name, Evidence Based Medicine Inc.
Archbold recently launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $120,000. With funding, he will conduct clinical tests on the device. To see how Sinu-Relief works, visit kickstarter.com/projects/255799887/sinurelief.
Contact the writer: ***@ocregister.com