Please Help sinus inflammation
Tito
2013-01-20 17:59:12 UTC
I have had sinus inflammation all my life I am 50 know its 24-7 when I
breath in it burns I tried all the things my ENT said to do and some home
readies nothing stops it I am allergic to dust mites I have try everything
they can think of but it never stops no matter what I take anyone have any
ideas I would be so grateful it has ruined my life and that constant back
drip drives me crazy thank you
Steven L.
2013-02-03 17:06:44 UTC
Post by Tito
I have had sinus inflammation all my life I am 50 know its 24-7 when I
breath in it burns I tried all the things my ENT said to do and some
home readies nothing stops it I am allergic to dust mites I have try
everything they can think of but it never stops no matter what I take
anyone have any ideas I would be so grateful it has ruined my life and
that constant back drip drives me crazy thank you
I apologize for not seeing your post sooner.

Try taking a vacation for a couple of weeks in a totally different
environment from where you are living now. See if your symptoms improve.

I know folks who are just sensitive to the smog in the cities they live
in. They only get relief when they travel elsewhere.
Steven L.
Susan
2013-02-03 18:41:29 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Steven L.
Post by Tito
I have had sinus inflammation all my life I am 50 know its 24-7 when I
breath in it burns I tried all the things my ENT said to do and some
home readies nothing stops it I am allergic to dust mites I have try
everything they can think of but it never stops no matter what I take
anyone have any ideas I would be so grateful it has ruined my life and
that constant back drip drives me crazy thank you
I apologize for not seeing your post sooner.
Try taking a vacation for a couple of weeks in a totally different
environment from where you are living now. See if your symptoms improve.
I know folks who are just sensitive to the smog in the cities they live
in. They only get relief when they travel elsewhere.
I don't have experience with that issue, but I have gotten complete
resolution of my dust allergy symptoms, beginning with dramatic, near
complete reduction after my first 12 weeks of weekly allergy serum
injections.

So my best advice would be to find an immunologist who will desensitize
you to whatever you're allergic to on a 3 month schedule, then keep you
on maintenance, which continues to desensitize you further.

Since a couple of years in, I've even been able to sleep with windows
open (in my polluted town, which I'm aware of thanks to Steven) even
during ragweed and tree pollen seasons.

My nose used to be extremely inflamed on exam, but has not been since
the first months of allergy shots.

In addition, I keep only area rugs on all hard floors in my home, no
drapes, and use HEPA filtration in my bedroom and in my vacuum. Dust is
agressively prevented and removed all the time, even from the backs of
hanging art, mirrors, furniture, under the fridge and stove, etc. on a
regular schedule, and under rugs as well. Encasements on all bedding
except what I can wash and dry on high heat regularly.

Susan